TUSBA Calibration

RogueSqdn
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 20

TUSBA Calibration

Post by RogueSqdn »

I've recently had to replace my throttle handle, and am having to recalibrate. The cursors and throttle (which has Cubpilot's hall sensor kit) are fine, but I'm having trouble with range and antenna calibration. The issue is that the center detent in each is not reflecting the midpoint of the calibration.

For example, using the HID dev tool, the range values are from 2 to 4006, but in the center detent, the value is 2143. The center point should be 2002, by my math.

The antenna values are from 1 to 4007, and the center detent value is 1933. Mathematically, it should be 2003.

Is there any way to set a center dead zone for each with RS software? Or would I have to set one in BMS? What's the best approach?

I should say that it's running firmware 1.05, and shows up in the dev tool. I also tried calibration a few times using the Windows control panel before using the dev tool.
Jared
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: TUSBA Calibration

Post by Dragon »

Hi RogueSqdn.

Dont worry, this "inexactidud" un accuracy, do not must affect to your avionics performance ;-)

As you already know, all the sensors have a nonlinearity , but the for sure, the precision in your actual electronic system is bigger than your mechanical center point in the throttle :D Why do youthink, the middle detect point is located exactly in the center?.

Any case, take some flights and let me know if you take notice in the flight that the sensor is not mounted exactly in the center, or if not.

I wait your news.
Cheers.
Manuel