FSSB MKII and TUSBA problems

Nicholas_Kakatsis
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 202

FSSB MKII and TUSBA problems

Post by Nicholas_Kakatsis »

Hello i recently bought a FSSB MKII, a TUSBA and the simple F16 RS grip.

I am now trying to install them facing the below issues with each

TUSBA
I am trying to configure through HID Device tool V1.15.1 the Throttle, idle, Aft, mil but i cannot get it to work after many attempts. When finished, the manual says that the raw values of axes measures (Throttel, idel, Mil Aft) should be different among them depending where the throttle is.Unfortunatley that is not the case wiht my setup. the values of the four variables are equal among them constantly no matter the position of the throttle physically. After finishing the setup of the three, even when the throttle is in Aft position (max) and the green Aft DX button is on (green), the raw value of the idle and Mil is equal to the Aft...Pls see attachment 1

My second issue is when i try to calibrate the RDR cursor, the HID Device tool shows as x axis the vertical and not the horizontal. When calibrating x axis i am supposed to move it to max, the max value deos not come is i move the cursor to the right, but if i move it upwards! Is this normal? I know x axis is the horizontal one...

Lastly and I dont know if it is of importance, although tusba is reported as OK in the device control panel, the option to calibrate it from there is unavailable and the properties tab is empty... pls see pic 3. This is not correct. I tried with another throttle I have and I have the same issues.

FSSB R3 MKII & F 16 SGRH v2

I have calibrated but when I try to use the print option of the slot that is supposed to be active (slot 1) the window that opens is empty. if i move the mouse cursor over any of the slots I cannot click any of them. Only Print and Print preview are availabel the rest are greyed out. Does this mena I ahve not selected any slot? How do I select a slot if nto my the trim below the HAT? Pls see pic 2.

EDIT: I went on and mapped most of the buttons on the stick and the axis of the throttle both in DCS and in BMS. Regretfully noting is operational in the game. Stick TMS, DMS, CMS are doing all sorts of crazy things, ie TMS up in AA mode does not cycle through the available options. DMS does not move SOI etc. No TQS button works (DGT fight, brakes, cage/uncage etc.). Although I mapped them on both games. Rdr cursor moves constantly to the right which means it is uncalibrated. Any idea what to do next about all this?

MY TQS worked just fine with the HOTAS cougar stick.

Thanks
Nicholas

Thanks for the help.

Nicholas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nicholas_Kakatsis

Re: FSSB MKII and TUSBA problems

I removed and reconnected the TUSBA and it works significantly better. Its axis and buttons are recognized at the device manager level and calibratoin is now OK.

I still have some issues though with the radar cursor and the TMS butons
In DCS when in dogfight mode moving the rdr cursor sends the radar to slew mode and when pressing TMS up into BORE. Unfortunatley this function does not work.

I will check at BMS and report back.
Nicholas_Kakatsis

Re: FSSB MKII and TUSBA problems

After almost an entire day i got everythng working... I think I have tested everything thus far....except some TQS buttons in Falcon BMS. I try to assign them through Alternative Launcher Keymapping.

Although all buttons are recognized, not all can be assigned. For example speed brakes, I can assign open but not closing. Althoguh closing button DX11 is recognized I cannot assign it to clsoing. Similarly with COMS IFF IN and Out.

ANy idea?