FSSB R3L MK Ultra doesn't register button clicks from F16SGRH

DB349
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 85

FSSB R3L MK Ultra doesn't register button clicks from F16SGRH

Post by DB349 »

Hello,
I connected my new FSSB R3L MKII ULtra with my equally new F16SGRH to my PC (5950x Win 10), followed all the steps to install the software, I now have firmware MJF_FW_5_02_0 installed. Running the RS HID Device Tool software, in config mode I switched from POV to TRIM, left all other parameters untouched. Moving the stick I see that the axes are correctly recognized with beeps sounding when passing the default treshold etc.
However when I started to test the buttons on the stick, I don't see any feedback of the clicks in the software, so they don't seem to be recognized. Since the first button press, the first light on the stick remains illuminated in red, I guess that's not a good sign!
Testing in DCS also revealed the buttons on the grip are not registering.
Pls advise, I thought it was all plug and play ?

EDIT 1 : I checked the pins on the grip, nothing abnormal, no bending whatsoever. Reattached a few times, still no change. I attached my TM Warthog grip (which I know works correctly on other bases) and only the pinky switch and paddle seemed to work, all other buttons not responsive. So at 1st sight I presume I have a faulty MKII FSSBR3L base, wouldn't you think ? Oh yes, during my last attempt the 1st steady red LED light is not illuminated anymore (but to be clear none of the buttons work).

EDIT 2 : I connected the F16SGRH grip to my old TM Warthog base and here all the buttons seem to work ! So the problem definitely lies with the R3L MKII. Trying everything on another PC, same results : R3L + SGRH => axes ok but buttons are not working, R3L + TM grip => axes OK and only 2 buttons work (pinky + paddle). As far as I can compare with pics on this forum, the connector on the base seems in normal condition.

I hope I will get some feedback soon, needless to say I'm quite disappointed.

Thanks. Order nr #5652
hey_eng
S/N: 108

Re: FSSB R3L MK Ultra doesn't register button clicks from F16SGRH

Post by hey_eng »

Were you able to get help from support? I had a similar issue, which required a small fix to push the base connector slightly up. My grip wasn't making good contact with the base when plugged in, and that fix resolved it.
DB349
S/N: 85

Post by DB349 »

Yes, thank you, it was fixed a few hours ago, I had to remove some glue inside the adapter of the base which inhibited a correct connection between the grip connector and base connector.

I received very detailed instructions from Javier from RS on how to do it, pics included. Kuddos to him for helping me out and responding very quickly to any questions I had.

Now everything is working as intended and I'm happy with the product !
Check_Mate
S/N: 111

Post by Check_Mate »

I have the same issue :(
Jon-Paul_Griffin
S/N: 211

Post by Jon-Paul_Griffin »

I am a new R3 Ultra owner as of a couple of weeks ago.

I am wondering if I am suffering from this ….but it seems like R3 Ultra base problems.

I had a Cougar stick working just fine today with the R3 Ultra. I just received a TM F16C stick, replaced the Cougar stick and now NONE of my buttons work. The axes work just fine. I plugged my new stick into the Cougar base (which has a FSSB R2 in it) and the buttons work just fine on the stick (which is brand new).

I reflashed the base, powered off the machine and plugged/unplugged numerous times. Windows and the RS tool are NOT recognizing the buttons. The weird thing is I plugged in my Cougar stick again back into the R3 base and it ALSO did not register any buttons…

I’m wondering if my R3 Ultra base is “corrupt” with no way of resetting it. ?

I’ll check the Cougar and F16 grip back in the Cougar base again.

PS….my Cougar base is still driving my Cougar TQS and my F16+ pedals…. I do have the RUSB device so I could probably directly attach my pedals now to my powered USB hub.

HELP!!
Jon-Paul_Griffin
S/N: 211

Post by Jon-Paul_Griffin »

Ok I fixed the problem. The screw on the right side of the forward leaning post was almost all the way loose. So what happened is when I installed the new stick, it pushed down the electronics post inside the metal post base, and so the stick was only connected in x and y axes with no buttons registering.

So I loosened it up all the way and wedged in a small flat blade screw driver head and the tip of a pocket knife and pulled the electronics post up about 1.5-2mm, which is about what I have in my Cougar + R2 base versus it being completely flat like it was. I tightened the screw, installed the stick and recalibrated center. All buttons working.

Phew….. problem solved and working great.