From R3L to R3L MKII

abardis
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 2

Re: From R3L to R3L MKII

Post by abardis »

Also there is something else unusual, when NASA is set above 100%, it feels that the Right roll + Down pitch get harder than the left roll +up pitch rather than keeping the Right +down stable and make the Left + up easier (as if the left + up side is kept unchanged and the right + down needs higher force).

It is not a major issue unless you want to set the Right/Down under 50% of Left/Up (as the setting goes from 50% to 200%)

edited for corrections
Last edited by abardis on Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matthl
Product: R3L
S/N: 750

Post by Matthl »

Yes, NASA is inverted with the Ultra.
I didn't realize it first and even increased NASA for roll, since i thought i needed to compensate more. :oops:
Nahemoth
S/N: 19

Post by Nahemoth »

In addition to the NASA, I also found that the trim seems to be inverted. But I'm not sure if this is an issue from MKII or common to all R3L devices.
RogueSqdn
S/N: 20

Post by RogueSqdn »

Sounds like the reversed NASA settings are a candidate for a firmware update.

I've just finished redoing my controls in DCS to use the MkII Ultra w/F16SGRH CE and the WW Super Taurus throttle. I went with vJoy, HIDHide and Joystick Gremlin this time around, so some of the common controls were alot easier to duplicate between modules.

I set them up for the A-4E, A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-14, F-15C, F-16C, and F/A-18C. I'll eventually get around to doing the AH-64D and UH-1H, but in reality, I really only fly the Viper, Warthog, Eagle and Hornet, and about 85% is the Viper.

I'll be able to dial in force settings after getting some flying time in this week, but for right now have four different slots set up with everything the same except the force settings, and use the rotary to swap on the fly depending on the aircraft.
Jared
Caboose
Product: R3L
S/N: 206

Post by Caboose »

NASA setting reversed for me as well.
Nahemoth

Post by Nahemoth »

RogueSqdn wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:58 am Sounds like the reversed NASA settings are a candidate for a firmware update.

I've just finished redoing my controls in DCS to use the MkII Ultra w/F16SGRH CE and the WW Super Taurus throttle. I went with vJoy, HIDHide and Joystick Gremlin this time around, so some of the common controls were alot easier to duplicate between modules.

I set them up for the A-4E, A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-14, F-15C, F-16C, and F/A-18C. I'll eventually get around to doing the AH-64D and UH-1H, but in reality, I really only fly the Viper, Warthog, Eagle and Hornet, and about 85% is the Viper.

I'll be able to dial in force settings after getting some flying time in this week, but for right now have four different slots set up with everything the same except the force settings, and use the rotary to swap on the fly depending on the aircraft.
Do you use R3L native trimming or the one found in DCS?
RogueSqdn

Post by RogueSqdn »

I use the DCS trimming... never have used the RS function. Is using the RS one a better option? Willing to try it.

I use modifiers in DCS to control views with the trim hat... sounds like if I use the RS option I'd be altering trim when slewing the view around.
Jared
abardis
S/N: 2

Post by abardis »

Nahemoth wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:12 pm In addition to the NASA, I also found that the trim seems to be inverted. But I'm not sure if this is an issue from MKII or common to all R3L devices.
In what sense trim is inverted? if you check in the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL the hat appears as it should, i.e. it does not show Up when you click Down etc...
It is probably your setting in the game that needs inverting

Checking the Trim selection does not allocate the hat to trim, it only restricts the inputs to 4 (up-down, left-right) instead of 8 when used for POV.
You still need to allocate it
Nahemoth

Post by Nahemoth »

abardis wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:07 pm
Nahemoth wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:12 pm In addition to the NASA, I also found that the trim seems to be inverted. But I'm not sure if this is an issue from MKII or common to all R3L devices.
In what sense trim is inverted? if you check in the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL the hat appears as it should, i.e. it does not show Up when you click Down etc...
It is probably your setting in the game that needs inverting

Checking the Trim selection does not allocate the hat to trim, it only restricts the inputs to 4 (up-down, left-right) instead of 8 when used for POV.
You still need to allocate it
At least in DCS with the default keybind configuration, pressing POV down for trimming is equivalent to pulling the stick. I was expecting the same for RS trimming, but I don't know which one is the correct behaviour.
RogueSqdn

Post by RogueSqdn »

You're right, the RS trim function is inverted.

@Dragon, could you take a look at this?
Jared