From R3L to R3L MKII

Kiseki_Yu
Product: R3L
S/N: 655

From R3L to R3L MKII

Post by Kiseki_Yu »

RS announced the MK II officially. They said that the MKII base allows some stick movement.

Can we obtain the stick movement if the older R3L base can be updated to the MKII by changing the baseboard?
abardis
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 2

Re: From R3L to R3L MKII

Post by abardis »

abardis

Post by abardis »

So I got the ultra today! much earlier than anticipated,
Many thanks Javier Rueda and team!!
It does move significantly and combines very well with my F16SGRH v2
I still need to test it out in air refuel etc but feels more reactive in lower power setting so I assume it will be even more accurate for flight sim purposes

(edit)just to add, that it is amazing in air refuelling
f-16 fans have been waiting for this since the Cougar came out
RogueSqdn
S/N: 20

Post by RogueSqdn »

Ordered mine yesterday and got the shipping notice this morning. It should be in NC on Thursday.

Looking forward to enjoying a lot of time with this over the holidays (Friday is my last work day of the year).
Jared
Caboose
S/N: 206

Post by Caboose »

My R3L MKII Ultra arrived today. My initial impressions are quite good. I think RS' website description of the differences between the two bases is spot on. The Ultra almost encourages you to go with a higher pitch/roll force to take advantage of the greater range of flex in the stick. Blending Gs is quite a bit easier to avoid overshooting due to the longer travel.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Absolutely, this is our feeling and we had in mind while we was developing it. :D

Thanks and enjoy it.
RogueSqdn
S/N: 20

Post by RogueSqdn »

I just installed my MkII on the cockpit, but my F16SGRH CE doesn't want to plug in. I'm trying to be really careful not to bend the pins, but it's as if the grip plug doesn't want to fit into the base plug.

EDIT: I lined it up as best I could, and didn't get a connection until I screwed the grip down. That seems to have made the connection. Good thing I'm not planning on swapping grips around. ;)
Jared
Matthl
S/N: 750

Post by Matthl »

Thank you for the ultra fast delivery. From Madrid to some unimportant village in germany in about 12 hours.

With the ultra i can finally get rid of the pilot induced pitch oscilations during formation flying and refueling.
It feels great!

(I increased forces quite a bit - about 25% - and increased Roll NASA from 125% to 140%.)
abardis

Post by abardis »

I am not sure if only my unit (Ser 0002) is affected but I am pretty sure NASA sensitivity setting is reversed
If I set it at 133% it gets harder to pitch down and roll right, and according to the manual this should be the other way around. At least it was with R3L.
Has anybody else noticed that?

Many thanks

Happy Christmas to all! by the way
Chapa
S/N: 10

Post by Chapa »

Yes, NASA setting is also reversed for me.