HELP, F16 RH V1 Stick does not seem to connect to FSSB r3

Piola
Product: R3L
S/N: 108

HELP, F16 RH V1 Stick does not seem to connect to FSSB r3

Post by Piola »

What reasons can give me this problem? Physical or Firmware Problem?
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: HELP, F16 RH V1 Stick does not seem to connect to FSSB r3

Post by Shark »

Hi Piola,
Maybe the grip doesn't receive power, please check that the grip connector pins are OK and that no one has been accidentally bent.
Also you can check if the leds of grip light up momentarily when you power up the FSSB-R3
Regard,
Piola

Post by Piola »

Hi, thank you for the reply, no the leds of grip don’t light up…
This is a picture of the 5 pin connector
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hi Piola,

The connector pins are OK, so maybe the problem is on the R3 connector. Please check this, the central connector should be more or less at the same height than the first adapter step. You can see it in the attached picture.
Adapter.jpg
If it is not in that position, it is the problem, but if it is on the correct position, then maybe you have some thing damaged and will be necessary send us to repair ir.

If the connector is not in its correct position, then follow these instructions:

- As you can check, the adapter has a grub screw in the right side to fix the internal connector and maybe it is a little bit loose and for that reason the connector is not in its position.
- Unscrew the 4 M4 torx screws that fix the adapter to the R3 to unmout it.
- Slightly loosen the M5 grub screw installed on the side of the adapter until the center connector moves freely.
- Now take out the connector from the adapter by the side where the thread is and connect it to the connector of the grip.
- Insert the already conector attached to the grip in the adapter and screw the grip nut on the adapter and screw the lateral grup screw to fix the connector in the adapter.
- Unscrew the grip nut to remove the grip and fix the adapter to the R3 with the 4 M4 torx

Now you can check if everything work fine. If not, maybe you have some thing damaged.

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Piola

Post by Piola »

Done, these are the conectors, RS F16 Grip and WH TM Grip.
It seems that the connector of the RS F16 Grip does not reach the end either, the lengh/depth of the connector is not the same as that of the Warthog. And at that point, I'm afraid it's an electronic problem...
What do you think?
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hi Piola,

I think there is a problem, the RS connector has to enter as the TM grip. I suggest you compare both connectors (TM and RS) and check that both are similar. I'm not sure but maybe the plastic polarizer of TM is broken and it is inserted in the R3 connector and for this reason the RS connector doesn't enter because its polarizer cann't enter in the R3 connector. Please check it.

Regards,
Piola

Post by Piola »

The TM connector seems to be intact as you can see in the picture :|
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Then there is no obstacle for the grip connector to enter the R3 connector. He must fully enter
Regards,
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hi Piola,
Yes, if the connector doesn't enter fully then the pins don't have electric contact with the R3 connector. Please, check what is the motive for not to enter fully.
Best regards,
Piola

Post by Piola »

I've found something strange in RS and TM connector(the ring), the connectors was new, Is there a concrete possibility that the female connector of the FSSB has a problem and that it ruins the male connectors and / or prevents them from being fully inserted?
In the first photo I posted the connector was as good as new….