Pitch axis inputs missing R3

markturner
Product: R3
S/N: 3

Pitch axis inputs missing R3

Post by markturner »

Hi, I have this strange issue as described in this post on DCS forums: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/308259-is ... nt-5042846

Despite all Y axis inputs being detected correctly in windows, DCS andin HID tool, in the sim, I only get X axis working. Y axis works fine with my virpil centre stick.

This just started happening in the middle of a flight......

Any ideas please?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Pitch axis inputs missing R3

Post by Dragon »

HI Mark
Please can you let me know if this happen by BLE or by USB comms?

Anyhow, when some axis is lost in the middle of the flight, is always because, was a USB comms break, once the USB comms comeback, the DCS dont lookfor the connection again, you need go out and enter again.

If your connector is OK and the wire is OK, dont must been USB comms breaks

Regards
markturner

Post by markturner »

Hi - I dont think its to do with the BLE, as the roll axis is working perfectly ( I assume if bluetooth is lost, you would not get any connection?) I have tried re setting the axis in DCS, it lets me do this no problem and once assigned, if I move the stick , I can see the inputs showing in the DCS controls GUI. Just in the sim, the axis wont respond.
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Thanks Mark, You are right.
If the X continue works while the Y dont, is not a BLE or USB disconnection. :oops:

When you get the issue, if you go to the control panel, or the RS HID DEV program, the Y axis work? or also dont.
Thanks for the point ;-)
markturner

Post by markturner »

Yes, if I have HID tool running, I can alt/tab to the tool and see that there, my pitch inputs are being detected on the axis graph, but in the sim, only roll is being acted on by the jet.......same in windows devices, / game controller settings, both axis are working fine.......
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Thanks Mark.
I will try to imagine, what can be point. At first try, I thought about the hardware disconnection of our system but you was more clever than me, and yes in the the X axis continue there, is not a disconnection.

But really, I cannot imagine, what can happen, to make DCS dont read the value of the Y axis, just as the values are readed from MS HID , not from our app.

If some of you can let us know about some detail, or DCS configuration, something to try to have here the same bug, would be great
Thanks
markturner

Post by markturner »

Hi, well, I have tried with other modules as well and same thing happens, I can assign the axis by moving the stick, it picks up the input and assigns Joy Y to the Pitch, just in the sim, only roll input recognized.
This is just my luck, if it can go wrong , it will go wrong , for me......
DCS is reading the uinputs, thats for sure, or I would not be able to assign it in the controls options. Somehow, they are not getting outputted to the sim.
markturner

Post by markturner »

Here is my settings, can you see anything wrong?
FSSB.jpg
Someone suggested maybe an accidental turning on of the SMM special menu has occurred, but I cant see anything about that option anywhere?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shark

Post by Shark »

Hi Mark,

Your settings are ok. If the RS_HID_DEV_TOOL and the Game Controllers windows show the two analog axes, then everything is working fine and you must to find the problem in the game program.

Regards,
markturner

Post by markturner »

thats what I thought... thanks!