New situation about RSF35LH

Kiseki_Yu
Product: R3L
S/N: 655

New situation about RSF35LH

Post by Kiseki_Yu »

RS sent some new information about the F35 throttle for us.
I do not understand very well what they said. It seems that the productions were limited. Can all the people who made a pre-order for the F35 throttle will receive a unit?
On the other hand, it seems that they will open a new preorder for the F35 throttle.
Caboose
S/N: 206

Re: New situation about RSF35LH

Post by Caboose »

I was a bit confused, too. The last email had mentioned the pre-order price would be honored for those of us who stuck with it. I'm not sure if that is or isn't happening, so I asked for some clarification on a few things in my reply to them.
Kiseki_Yu

Post by Kiseki_Yu »

Caboose wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:54 am I was a bit confused, too. The last email had mentioned the pre-order price would be honored for those of us who stuck with it. I'm not sure if that is or isn't happening, so I asked for some clarification on a few things in my reply to them.
Caboose, I also sent an email to ask this. I do not know whether or not the new situation mentioned in the last email of RS included us. On the other hand, of cause, I am happy to share my experience with the throttle.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Yeah, I am happy to review it as well. Hopefully they’ll give us a more clear explanation
Piola
S/N: 108

Post by Piola »

I understand that there may be additional costs for production and this depends on the suppliers of the components, who will be informed and we will have the opportunity to accept or reject any increase in the cost (if we do not accept we will get a refund). For the part of the email that talks about the reviews they are happy to produce the throttle even if they do not make profits but they ask us to do a review and publish it because probably the failure to reach 200 units is due in large part to the lack of publicity of the RS-35 , since they believe this is really very important, it is "necessary" that the few who have the luck and the honor of receiving the Throttle do a review, otherwise there are still people left out of the preorder who are willing to do it ... I asked for information regarding the type of review they would like and, since I don't know if the email was clear enough, I sent a second one saying that I AM WILLING TO MAKE A REVIEW 😁, I was lucky enough to preorder in time I don't want to wait even more…. This is what I understand but I could be wrong.
Kiseki_Yu

Post by Kiseki_Yu »

Piola wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:30 pm I understand that there may be additional costs for production and this depends on the suppliers of the components, who will be informed and we will have the opportunity to accept or reject any increase in the cost (if we do not accept we will get a refund). For the part of the email that talks about the reviews they are happy to produce the throttle even if they do not make profits but they ask us to do a review and publish it because probably the failure to reach 200 units is due in large part to the lack of publicity of the RS-35 , since they believe this is really very important, it is "necessary" that the few who have the luck and the honor of receiving the Throttle do a review, otherwise there are still people left out of the preorder who are willing to do it ... I asked for information regarding the type of review they would like and, since I don't know if the email was clear enough, I sent a second one saying that I AM WILLING TO MAKE A REVIEW 😁, I was lucky enough to preorder in time I don't want to wait even more…. This is what I understand but I could be wrong.
Yes, I think all of us like to make a review!
EDB
S/N: 567

Post by EDB »

Piola wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 8:30 pm ... because probably the failure to reach 200 units is due in large part to the lack of publicity of the RS-35 ...
TBH,

I think the price may have scared people off also. Not every simmer is a millionaire. I was waiting a year for this throttle to come out. Thinking it would be in the price range of my FSSB-R3 Lighting + F16SGRH. Just like with other manufacturers setups were the throttle is usually lower in price compared to the stick+base. Because the stick-base is usually the most difficult/expensive part to make. Was I wrong... :(

And I can't get used to the wobbly POV hat on my F16SGRH. If I push up, I often end up top left. It should have been rotated 45 degrees. What if I don't like some of the hats and/or switches on a throttle that I paid for 2000 euro..? With no option to try before you buy.

I also prefer a real functioning brake switch and Three way mode switch... And a three way switch (lights) on the pinky position instead of a two way...

In November my 10 year old TMWH Throttle died and I had to buy a new one because the RS was still a WIP with no release date. I think I have to keep on using this new one for the next 10 years to come... And maybe trying a mod for a better Slew knob.

I think I'm not the only one who had to admit that this was out of my reach. I just have to keep on looking for other options if I want to have something better then my TMWHT.

The target group for the RSF35LH is for a very, very, very tiny rich part of the simmer community. Not even for a big part of the people who have the FSSB-R3 Lighting + RS stick.
Kiseki_Yu

Post by Kiseki_Yu »

Maybe only the modulization design could solve the issues about switches.
Caboose

Post by Caboose »

Seems this was sadly canceled. Hopefully there will be another sales attempt in the future, but I imagine we'll be waiting awhile for prices to reach normal levels.
Mazen_Nassab
S/N: 517

Post by Mazen_Nassab »

The story was short lived thanks to the ongoing conflict in Europe and a global recession.
Perhaps we'll see another offer from RS in the near future... time will tell.