Add F-16 grip as pre-order option?

Kiseki_Yu
Product: R3L
S/N: 655

Re: Add F-16 grip as pre-order option?

Post by Kiseki_Yu »

Dragon wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:39 am As far as the F16 grip look like more desired than the 35, will be mandatory move from the 35 to the 16.

So the preorder for the version with the F16 grip has been started.
Do you plan to make a video explaining the f16 throttle grip in more detail (like LowBlow did)?
RogueSqdn
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 20

Post by RogueSqdn »

Just realized that the dogfight and speed brake switches are instead 5-way hats. I don't like the idea of doing it on those two switches. It's important for the aircraft to be able to read the always-on position of those switches.

Especially on the speed brake, because you can simply hit the retract and since it's latched, you know it'll retract all the way if you leave it there. With a 5-way hat instead, you have to pay attention to your speed brake indicator and potentially (depending on aircraft) have to look in an external view to verify they're retracted.
Jared
Caboose
S/N: 206

Post by Caboose »

RogueSqdn wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:59 pm Just realized that the dogfight and speed brake switches are instead 5-way hats. I don't like the idea of doing it on those two switches. It's important for the aircraft to be able to read the always-on position of those switches.

Especially on the speed brake, because you can simply hit the retract and since it's latched, you know it'll retract all the way if you leave it there. With a 5-way hat instead, you have to pay attention to your speed brake indicator and potentially (depending on aircraft) have to look in an external view to verify they're retracted.
Totally agree here. Would prefer those two switches just be normal. You can get around the 3 position in DCS with special keybinds, but the speed brake would be best operating as normal speed brake only.
Piola
S/N: 108

Post by Piola »

RogueSqdn wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:59 pm Just realized that the dogfight and speed brake switches are instead 5-way hats. I don't like the idea of doing it on those two switches. It's important for the aircraft to be able to read the always-on position of those switches.

As Caboose said, I totally agree with this, I will be happy to purchase the F35G later for more bindings
Kiseki_Yu

Post by Kiseki_Yu »

Piola wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:27 pm

As Caboose said, I totally agree with this, I will be happy to purchase the F35G later for more bindings
I also agree with Caboose.

On the other hand, I also think that we want to use the RS throttle to fly many other planes. But the f16 grip cannot cover many planes (maybe this is the reason why Realsimulator chose the f35 grip before). For instance, how to set the f16 grip to f18 or f15, etc?
hooti
S/N: 623

Post by hooti »

Can someone confirm these are really 5 hat-switches with centering. Honestly i cant believe this. This would be, as RoqueSqdn already mentioned, really strange.
Piola
S/N: 108

Post by Piola »

hooti wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:14 pm

Can someone confirm these are really 5 hat-switches with centering. Honestly i cant believe this. This would be, as RoqueSqdn already mentioned, really strange.
the only info I've found are here https://realsimulator.com/lineal-throttles/
and here
https://youtu.be/q78Wp4ZH974
I don't know if others have other info…
Blackdog
S/N: 644

Post by Blackdog »

hooti wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:14 pm

Err, yah, if that's the case I don't like that one bit.. it's one thing to make a button a 5-way, but taking away positional switches which change how the real-jet function works is very much not desirable.

I don't think any of us spending this much for an F-16 replica stick are going to be happy about taking away function of the real-jet in order to gain more general-purpose binds.

Dragon?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear all.

The F16 grip is to limited compared with the RS35 version. Do as first chance the RS35 version, its just because its far better than any other, (also in ergonomy) and really once used, you dont need anymore, maybe never in you life, at least from the point of view of funcionality.

Move to the F16 grip, and keep it as the real one, push down as much the posibilities in a simulator than really hit us. But.... In the same way, many of you even maybe all of you already have the TM F16 grip, so have sense do again the same?

To try to increase the funcionality, we change in the design the two slide switches for 5 position switches, to move from a total of 4 DX buttons to 10 DX buttons, and increase the funcionality, focused in use this grip to emulate the double grip ones, with more buttons.

Of course this dicrease the realism, just as you mention, in the speed brake you can not know if is retracted or extended, if you forgot what did before, and need take a look to the left auxiliar panel and watch the indicator, or as I do, move the switch in the apropiate position.

For spead brake I have configured the switch in this way.
Up momentary retraction
Down momentary extension
Left full retraction
Right full extension
Center free ( I have though use the center as full retraction as well but...)

So when I forgot the memory ;-) or as reset to start to adjust the speed brakes I use to start my secuence with left and few seconds later Up and down till I got the correct position.

In MSFS, for example I use

Center for toggle on/off speed brakes
Up/left/rigth/down flaps partial position.

And when people use this grip for space ship or helicopter or any other game, will have 10 DX buttons in each slot to configure whatever they like.

Have 5 position have real advantages over a slider one, have a slider switch have the advantage in the case of the speed brake that you can know if are or not extended.

In one or other way some of you will be glad and others will be frustated.

In the next week we have in the "to do" list ask you about what you want add to the RS16 grip , to try to make it more "actual" when I say actual is something more near to a RS35 grip, the idea in a 21century system is move from the cockpit to a VR system, as less panels and buttons as possible and increase the funcionality (buttons) in the grips.

The 35 system its just this ,a real HOTAS. you are close to control everything with your HOTAS, in a 16 system, you are far to this point. even with the aditional 6 buttons in the speed brake and dogfight. So our quetion is:
How many and where you will add switches to your new 16 throttle grip?
Or you prefer let it as we have done or even you prefer downgrade it and change the 5 switches to a 2 position switches? (this last option we never tought could be an option but if you like)

Well with this long paper I want let you know that yes, we can confirm that set 5 ways switches was our option and far, we would like propose add more switches just as only 6 DX button more are to low in our opinion.
Kiseki_Yu

Post by Kiseki_Yu »

Dragon, thanks for sharing the information. I am happy to see more functions can be added to the f16 grip.

Even though I preorder the f16 throttle, personally, I am more interested in f35 grip than f16's. So I hope that the throttle can cover many situations. Because I don't want to see that a (high performance) throttle spending much money can be only used mainly to f16.