Ingame Warning sound

Thomas_Griffin
Product: R3L
S/N: 120

Ingame Warning sound

Post by Thomas_Griffin »

Hi,

Just got my FSSB R3 Lightning and love it.

The hardware beep warning for pressure applied is great, however, I can't hear it with a VR headset on.

I was wondering if there was a way to emulate the beeps with software, so I can get them through headphones while i'm in game.

Thanks,
Thomas
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Ingame Warning sound

Post by Dragon »

Hi Thomas.

Maybe you have take notice already, about, The R3, dont use any additional drivers or software, uthers than the Microsoft leagl HID drivers. in order to dont overcharge your computer, and have full compatibility in the future.

So really there are no way to send from the R3 any sound information to your headphones or VR headset or even to your computer. Just because we dont run any software in your computer when you play.

The configuration software, only run while you are configuring the R3, and once you close it, we have also the hands close.

This question, was ask in the past, and unfortunately the R3 have no way to make it possible.

IN OTHER HAND. it is absolutely, possible for an external program, read, the information from the HID linked to the R3 and when the values in the X or Y axis overpass an expecific value produce a sound in your computer.

This can be done, for sure, but this need run a program in your computer, and let it use your computer and let run while you are playing.

If you agree, once we will finish the F18 grip software, we take it a look and do a test program for you.

Many thanks
Dragon
Thomas_Griffin
S/N: 120

Post by Thomas_Griffin »

Hi Dragon,

I appreciate your reply. Yes, an external program to monitor values and play sounds when limits are met would be great. I’d be happy to test it out! Of course I understand this is not a priority item. I just thought it would be a useful tool. Thank you very much. Love the R3.

Regards,
Thomas
Mark_Cassidy
S/N: 117

Post by Mark_Cassidy »

FSSB Audible Warnning.zip
Hi

I've recently got an FSSB R3 and also started using VR and was also looking to have an in game warning sound that could be heard while wearing a VR headset. Having had a quick look at this thread I have written a script for FreePie which reads the joystick position and provides an audible warnning at 80% and 100% deflection. You need to download and install FreePie, which is free software, then load and run the attached script. The script assumes that the FSSB is joystick 0 at lines 13 and 14;

xval=joystick[0].x
yval=joystick[0].y

Just need to change the 0 to whichever number your FSSB is assigned.

The link for FreePie is https://andersmalmgren.github.io/FreePIE/

Cheers

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Congratulations Mark!!

An easy and smart solution. It works fine for me.

Regards,

Shark
Mark_Cassidy
S/N: 117

Post by Mark_Cassidy »

Hi

Had a few issues with my original version so attached is updated version which is very much simpified and hopefully a bit more consistant. Also theres an example short cut that will open freepie, minimised, load and run the script. You'll need to right click on the shortcut and change the file paths in the "Target" box to where you have installed FreePie and the script to make it work.

Cheers

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Viggen
Product: R3
S/N: 75

Post by Viggen »

Excellent work Mark!

This is exactly what we needed! I've tweaked the sound to resemble the (old) Gripen feedback sound. Where it says 400, it should really be 395 Hz but that produces a snapping noise that's unpleasant, at least in my headset. So 400Hz is pretty close :) Also I use it only in the Y-axis. Thanks again!

Dragon, this would be so awesome if it could be integrated in the HID Device Tool! :D

Best Regards
Viggen

import winsound
import time

if starting:
hi=800

xval=abs(joystick[0].x)
yval=abs(joystick[0].y)

if ((xval > hi and xval <> 1000) or (yval > hi and yval <>1000)):
winsound.Beep(400,450)
time.sleep(0.06)

if ((xval == 1000) or (yval == 1000)):
winsound.Beep(400,185)
time.sleep(0.02)
VampireNZ
S/N: 127

Post by VampireNZ »

Thanks very much for this guys!

Edit: Is there a way to control the volume of the beep sound in the .py file?
CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ
Product: R3
S/N: 14

Post by CARLOS_RODRIGUEZ »

I took this file and added a couple of lines of code and now the F-16 in DCS beeps (actually it is sound more like bruuu) on AB in/out.
Thanks
jstnj
S/N: 600

Post by jstnj »

thanks for this...question:

Anyone have a slick way for windows to autostart FreePIE at startup, running this script?