X-axis force 4lb min.

Ryan_Worner
Product: R3L
S/N: 119

X-axis force 4lb min.

Post by Ryan_Worner »

I just received the R3 Lighting. I am used flying with the x65f. Going below 4lb of force on the x-axis is allowed.
Is this device capable of going less than this amount? 4 lb is going on the high end for the x65 which i use for air refueling etc, but usually fly with lower force. Would like same options as the y-axis with in the R3 config app.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: X-axis force 4lb min.

Post by Dragon »

Hi Ryan

We have received this ask before, and can be done, but have a heavy cost, and I will try to explain it.

As you can see the R3 can be used in a huge range of forces, and you got the same precision and sensibility in all of them. in short words, the Instrumentation amplifiers and the Analog to Digital system is working in an accuracy better than a 0,1% in every setting and from the lower to the bigger range its near a factor 4, so the final real accuracy of the system its 0,1%/4 so 0,025%, For this reason when you buy a R3 you are buying a precision system, designed in the same way than a instrument laboratoy system

To get a real 0,025% of precision inthe system we need work about 10X times higger accuracy, in order to finally give you the values with the necesary precision.

If we goes from 4lb to 1 lb, we need increase again x4 the precision system, and really can be done, but the electronic and metals, necesary to make it, are in the 20.000,00 to 100.000,00 euros range, and we undertand, this is not the idea.

SO to be realistic, if the force system must work in the 1lb range with the necesary precision, accuracy and stability, will not work in the 14lb range with the same quality. and viceversa.

What its the solution, there are two option.
A) We can manufacture a special version for you, that is a custom version for you, from 1 to 4lb, and will work really perfect in this range, but of course, can not be work in the heavy range. will be expensive,but you will have a "special and unique edition"

B) The cheap solution, use the low range setting in the R3, and, calibrate your R3 in the windows control panel, with your desided force. that is, when windows enter in calibration, press in the show raw values, or meassure values, in order to read the number from the R3, and in the X and Y apply only the force you like to apply as maximun force.

The B option, its like a digital zoom in your smartphone. And work.

Thanks
Dragon