Very impressed with the Ultra, warning lights?

Talisker
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 106

Very impressed with the Ultra, warning lights?

Post by Talisker »

Thank you team for this amazing product. These came highly recommended, but I had no idea a stick could be like this....

I can now actually get the Viper in DCS to do what I want...it was a wrestling match before...now she is 'on rails'.

What is the significance of the warning lights and sound on stick...I know it is telling me I'm using maximum force....does this cause damage to the stick when it happens?
Mako
Product: R3L
S/N: 455

Re: Very impressed with the Ultra, warning lights?

Post by Mako »

I've had my R3L and viper grip for about 2 years now. Pitch 10lbs and Row around 5ish and it's still feels brand new. It's build to handle the force imo. I fly DCS/Viper in VR and have the warning sounds disabled.
Talisker
Product: R3L-ULTRA
S/N: 106

Post by Talisker »

Mako wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:16 pm I've had my R3L and viper grip for about 2 years now. Pitch 10lbs and Row around 5ish and it's still feels brand new. It's build to handle the force imo. I fly DCS/Viper in VR and have the warning sounds disabled.
Thanks! I was just uncertain why there were warnings and was concerned about damage when hitting the limits... i'm on the default force settings and can clearly go a lot higher than so yeah, made to handle the force...

The warnings must be for user awareness that you're at the edges... that's the only thing I find a challenge so far over a conventional stick...knowing when I'm using 'full stick' in certain situations like rolling out in the viper on landing where you want full back stick..
Mako
S/N: 455

Post by Mako »

ah yes the Viper pull warning indicator :D
Scott_Wright
S/N: 831

Post by Scott_Wright »

Talisker wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:51 am The warnings must be for user awareness that you're at the edges... that's the only thing I find a challenge so far over a conventional stick...knowing when I'm using 'full stick' in certain situations like rolling out in the viper on landing where you want full back stick..
Exactly right, it's to help you learn where max input force is.