Grip vibrates after connection.

Ronald_Frei
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 521

Grip vibrates after connection.

Post by Ronald_Frei »

Hello :) I have a litte wired issue. After I plug in the grip to the base it instantly starts to rund the vibration of the stick :?: Anyone a idea how to disable that feature? I don`t need it at all.
On my TM base that does not happen, but when plugged into my FCC3 base ist starts :?:

PS: I know there are Force Sensors from RS too, but they all do not fit a 1:1 pit, all are ways to big and just good for desktop use. :cry:
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: Grip vibrates after connection.

Post by Shark »

Hi Ronal,
Looks like the FCC3 comms signals are not fully compatible with the TM grips. Any case, if you won't use the grip with a RS base then the only way to disable the vibration due to this incompatibility is unplug the vibrator from the control board of F16SGRH. To do it, unscrew the 4 screws that fix the top cover and unplug the 2 way connector with a red and black wires.
Regards,
Ronald_Frei
Product: F16SGRH
S/N: 521

Re: Grip vibrates after connection.

Post by Ronald_Frei »

But it seems that the grip is not compatible with FCC3 :( Most of the buttons are not noticed (DMS, TMS, TRIM, NSL, Paddle, CMS), and on other buttons (for example Pickle) windows shows 3 buttons pressed at the same time :( The Warthog Grip, Cougar Gripo, Hornet Grip.. they all work fine with it. The RS stuff does not :(

Maybe I can figure it out in any way (i dont use all those additional stuff) and other whise... don´t know. 500€ as education.. or waiting until a usable force sensor from RS is on the market. But I can tell others who wanted to get it for their pits not to buy. That`s saving money for them :D

I mean.. how hard can it be, a small group of enthusiasts developed that FCC stuff nearly 20 years ago... :D