TM trim hat sends both POV and buttons

Arkku
Product: R3
S/N: 19

TM trim hat sends both POV and buttons

Post by Arkku »

Hi,

As I switched to the new mk2 Ultra version today, everything else went smoothly, except I noticed an annoying thing in the latest firmware (which was pre-installed) when used with the Thrustmaster grip: the trim hat sends both the POV hat directions and also button presses (e.g., button number 28). This is harmless when I already have bindings, but when configuring bindings it results in annoying combos bound to actions (e.g., POV Up + Button 27) because there is no way to tell simulators that I only meant one of the two.

Would it be possible to disable the duplication?
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Re: TM trim hat sends both POV and buttons

Post by Dragon »

Dear Arkku

To avoid this, please select HAT as TRIM instead POV and in this way, will send only the HID buttons

BR
Arkku

Post by Arkku »

Dragon wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:25 am To avoid this, please select HAT as TRIM instead POV and in this way, will send only the HID buttons
Is it possible to do the other way around, i.e., only POV not buttons? Reason: my existing bindings are for POV because older firmware sent that.
Dragon
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Dragon »

Dear this modification can hit other users, sorry-

Would be necessary a more in depth modification in the firmware and RS_HID_DEV, so maybe in big rewrite will be possible include your suggestion.
BR
Arkku

Post by Arkku »

Dragon wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:16 pm Dear this modification can hit other users, sorry-
Hmm, but your earlier firmware did exactly that, and with my older FSSB R3L this exact change is why I'm not upgrading the firmware (I'm using something like 2018 version on it), so I would argue the current behaviour is already a breaking change for some users. I honestly don't see why anyone would need two actions (POV + button) from the same action, so it seems logical that TRIM as POV ON would send only POV, and TRIM as POV OFF would send only button. Why would anyone have it send both at the same time?
neok23
S/N: 202

Post by neok23 »

Yes this is obviously a bug.
Right now TRIM only sends buttons, but POV sends buttons and TRIM inputs which is not very useful, since if you want to use POV you will also trim your aircraft without noticing. This really needs to be fixed. Im using mk2 and v2 grip and this is happening.