Calibration Question

HalFried
Product: R3
S/N: 31

Calibration Question

Post by HalFried »

I currently have my FSSB R3 set up with the TM board installed and both USB cables plugged in. I am seeing some discrepancies in the centering of the stick.

The FSSB R3 centers within 1% on both X and Y. The Warthog Hotas is off center by about 3% on both X and Y. However in Target with a script loaded the stick is showing as perfectly centered

Is this normal behavior? Or am I doing something wrong when calibrating the stick?

I've attached pics showing the centering positions. Apparently I can only attache 3 pics so am going to post another pick in the following post showing the devices in the pc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HalFried

Re: Calibration Question

Post by HalFried »

And here is the pic showing the devices:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Hello HalFried,

I believe your problem is a bad calibration. To obtain the best result I suggest you follow these steps:

1 - Adjust the center position by the Special Modes Trigger1 switch.
2 - Doing the R3 device calibration.
3 - And finally, the warthog device calibration.

I hope this procedure will solve your current problem.

Best regards,
HalFried

Post by HalFried »

Hi Shark,

Thanks for the suggestions. They were very helpful. In addition I also reset the calibration setting in DIView and that also helped with centering the stick.

Are you referring to using the Thrustmaster's calibration tool or just using Windows normal calibration routine when it comes to calibrating the Warthog? I've just been sticking to the Windows routine for fear that I might really mess things up using the TM software.

Much easier setting up calibration with the FSSB since it is done using the manual Cougar calibration. I had assumed with the FSSB R3 that all calibration was done through the FSSB R3 and that would also control the Warthog's calibration. Guess I am still a little confused as to how the FSSB R3 interacts with the TM Warthog settings when they are both plugged in.

Again, thanks,
Hal
Shark
Product: ---
S/N: 0

Post by Shark »

Hi HalFried,

I'm glad you've solved your problem. Answering your question when I referred to the "warthog device calibration" I was refering to windows normal calibration routine, I think both method, windows calibration and TM Joystick Calibration Tool are similar but I prefer the standard windows method.

Best regards,

Shark